This opportunity has now expired. Search for new opportunities
Closing date: 17th August 2022
Know the best approach to managing volunteers, supporting campaigns & utilising social media?
The Labour Party is looking to recruit a Regional Organiser in the Eastern region. The Regional Organiser is responsible for building capacity and structure to enable local activists to deliver effective campaigns with the specific aim of the winning elections at all levels, alongside working to ensure the effective operation of Labour Party structures within the Region.
The successful candidate will have knowledge and understanding of the Party organisation at branch, constituency and regional level, experience of being involved in a campaign and managing volunteers, experience of using social media successfully within a campaign, as well as the ability to draft press releases.
The Regional Organiser is responsible for building capacity and structure to enable local activists to deliver effective campaigns with the specific aim of the winning elections at all levels, alongside working to ensure the effective operation of Labour Party structures within the Region.
Click the apply button to download a full job pack.
Knowledge, skills, experience
- Knowledge of organising and campaigning techniques
- Good knowledge of using digital to campaign - including social media, use of technology and email
- Knowledge and understanding of the Party organisation at branch, constituency and regional level
- Knowledge of Local Government, Parliamentary Labour Party and the Shadow Cabinet
- Knowledge of the Labour Party constitution
- Knowledge of running fundraising schemes
- Knowledge of election law and other relevant laws and regulations including PPERA
- Knowledge of safeguarding principles and GDPR legislation
- Experience of being involved in a campaign
- Experience of successfully using digital tools and social media to campaign
- Experience of managing volunteers
- Experience of fundraising
- Experience of local media engagement
- Communication skills, including:
- The ability to work on own initiative
- The ability to communicate concisely both verbally and in written form at all levels
- The ability to promote the policies of the Labour Party
- The ability to draft effective written communications
- The ability to draft press releases
- The ability to produce high quality social media content
- The ability to work proactively with a variety of stakeholders including Members of Parliament, trade union leaders, council leaders, Labour Group leaders and NEC & REC members
- Organising skills, including:
- Ability to build, enable and empower a campaign team
- Ability to motivate and provide inspiring leadership to volunteers and campaigners
- Ability to organise recruitment and retention activities
- Ability to organise in person and virtual events, such as a training event or gala dinners
- Ability to organise a group of volunteers / workers
- Ability to organise an election campaign
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please make sure that you state in your application that you found this role via Creative Access.
Years of experience
- £31,000 to £40,000 per year