Review operations specialist
Monitor the peer review process of manuscripts and ensure the rapid dissemination of high quality and valid articles!
Frontiers is an award-winning open science platform and leading open access scholarly publisher. We are on a mission to make science open so everyone can live healthy lives on a healthy planet.
We are one of the largest and most cited publishers globally. To date, our 200,000 freely available research articles have received more than 1 billion views and downloads and 2 million citations. Our journals span science, health, humanities and social sciences, engineering, and sustainability. And we continue to expand into new academic disciplines so more researchers can publish open access.
Be part of the publishing revolution and help us transform the way research is published, evaluated, and communicated to the world.
We are seeking a driven, new team member to join our Review Operations department. You will be contributing to making Science Open by ensuring the rapid dissemination of high quality and valid articles. Ensuring a timely and thorough review process for all submitted manuscripts within a portfolio of journals or journal sections and providing professional customer service to our authors, reviewers and editors, assisting them through the process and supporting them with their queries. Peer review needs to be efficient, rigorous, fair, constructive, accountable, and transparent for everyone involved.
- Monitor the peer review process of manuscripts through the peer review platform
- Respond to priority queries and manage delays relating to the review process from editors, reviewers, authors and colleagues in other departments
- Carry out quality control checks to ensure rigorous peer review with no conflicts of interest
- Analyse and provide recommendations for developments and improvements of our peer review platform
Knowledge, skills, experience
- Experience in an office environment, preferably in customer service or administration
- Strong communication skills in written and verbal English
- Excellent organisational skills with a proactive attitude of finding solutions and delivering an exceptional service
- A target driven and results oriented mindset, comfortable working in a dynamic environment
- A team player at ease collaborating proactively with colleagues remotely
- Experience in publishing and familiarity with Salesforce would be an advantage
Your application must include:
1. Your latest CV and a tailored cover letter
2. Your notice period
With more than 50 nationalities represented in our global team, you will work regularly with teammates in other countries, and with our community of researchers, editors, and authors from around the globe.
Our mission to create solutions for healthy lives also extends to the working environment we provide for our employees.
100% remote working
Employees now have the flexibility to choose where they want to work, with remote working available on a part- or full-time basis (not applicable to some Workplace/IT jobs due to nature of role requiring presence onsite, in the office).
Learning and development
All employees have access to LinkedIn Learning (and Pluralsight for our technology team), an annual personal learning budget, and dedicated L&D time.
We offer free online yoga classes, an employee assistance plan, access to the Headspace app, and four wellbeing days on top of your annual leave allowance.
Employees can dedicate three days each year to volunteer for a personal cause or through our volunteering partner platform, Alaya.
Frontiers actively embraces diversity and is a safe and welcoming workplace. Recruitment is free from discrimination – including based on race, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or sexual orientation. With over 600 employees from more than 50 different nations, our diversity creates vibrant teams and constantly challenges us to appreciate multiple perspectives.
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please make sure that you state in your application that you found this role via Creative Access.
Fields of study
- Media / Communication
Years of experience
- general knowledge