Salary range for this role: £30,000 per annum to £32,000 per annum
The Stage, the publication for the theatre industry, has an exciting full-time opportunity for a talented and dynamic journalist to work on a well-established title.
As reviews editor for The Stage, you will oversee critical coverage on a title that reviews a greater range of UK performing arts than any other publication. The role, which reports to The Stage’s editor, requires first-class editing and organisational skills, accuracy under pressure and a passion for theatre and arts criticism.
Main purpose of the role
Oversee all reviews from commissioning to publication, whether in print or online. Act as an ambassador for The Stage’s reviews offering. Continually work to improve The Stage’s critical coverage.
Key responsibilities and tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Commission reviews to an agreed timetable, working with a national network of freelancers, and theatre PR and management to ensure smooth operation
- Edit freelance copy, ensuring it abides by house style and reviews guidelines, and is of a high standard
- Work across digital and print, ensuring that reviews copy is engaging, insightful and meets the highest levels of accuracy and house style
Knowledge, skills, experience
- We require an eagle-eyed, organised and meticulous individual with a flair for editing
- Someone who has theatre industry knowledge and experience of content management systems
- You must have a keen eye for detail and the ability to take your own initiative and prioritise tasks
- This role would also suit a person who can work flexible, sometimes antisociable hours
- A journalism qualification would be advantageous, as would knowledge of UK theatre
Deadline for applications is July 3, 2022
The company is committed to Equal Opportunities in employment and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Please make sure that you state in your application that you found this role via Creative Access.