Hours: 10:00 – 18:00, Tuesday – Saturday and as required
Closing date: 2nd June 2022 at midnight
Start date: as soon as possible
Are you interested in deepening your understanding of commercial art galleries, applying your customer service skills and can-do attitude to a new opportunity?
Sadie Coles HQ is a London-based contemporary art gallery representing around fifty established and emerging international artists. The gallery opened in London in 1997, with its inaugural exhibition – of new paintings by American painter John Currin – presented in parallel with an offsite show by British artist Sarah Lucas, The Law, at St John Street. This pairing established the international breadth of the gallery's programme, which it has since expanded upon over the past two decades. Visit their website here to find out more.
As a sales administrator, you will provide support to the rest of the team and assist in the coordination of all participating art fairs alongside the Sales Associates. This is a fantastic opportunity to gain experience with an established art gallery.
This role will involve working in the gallery’s three Central London sites.
- Preparing Advice Notes and PDFs for the sales team as required
- Preparing and regularly updating viewing room checklists and price lists, checking prices with Sales as required
- Building upon and actively seeking new clients for the sale of artworks
- Answering sales requests and following up with potential clients on any interest shown
- Offering works to clients and reporting any sales to Sales team and Finance Director
- Looking at available works on the database and suggesting works to be offered
- Maintaining status of artworks on the Private Views Sales app
- Updating and maintaining the database and own client’s contact records
- Attending daily sales meetings and contributing new sales information and interest to the Sales team
- Representing the gallery at events including entertaining clients at gallery dinners
- Cataloguing new artworks on Inventory database ArtLogic and ensuring all details are entered and correct
- Coordination of regular art fair meetings attended by Sales, Technician and Registrar departments with a focused agenda for each, in collaboration with the Sales Assistant
- Designing and submitting booth applications in advance of the fair
- Managing the budgets by gathering costs from Sales, Technician, Registrar departments
- Attending art fair budget meetings with the Directors, presenting fair budgets on a quarterly basis, including past fair budgets for annual analysis
- Manage the timeline, deadlines, and logistics of all participating art fairs
- Ensuring Gallery Assistants have packed the correct stationery, supplies and books for the stand
- Producing wall labels for each work at the fair with support from the Gallery Assistants
- Providing gallery support during art fairs
- Sending art fair follow up to Sales team and adding contacts to Artlogic
What we’re looking for
- Interest in contemporary art and understanding of commercial art galleries
- A people person who feels confident in speaking to the public and VIPs
- Experience of working in a team (not necessarily in a professional role)
- We’d love to hear if you have written about art
- A degree in art-related subjects is desirable but not essential
- Attention to detail
- Hard working
- IT literature, ideally with experience using Adobe Photoshop
- Sketch-up and an understanding of databases such as ArtLogic
As a fulltime member of staff a great deal of flexibility is required in terms of:
- Job sharing where necessary i.e., holiday and sick cover
- Providing general support to sales staff as needed
- Being available to assist at private views and other gallery events
- Log in to your Creative Access account or register today to apply for this opportunity
- Upload your CV and cover letter as one document (applications without a tailored cover letter will not be accepted)
- Once submitted, you can no longer amend your application, so proof-read carefully
- Do not contact the company directly
- Please email any queries about this role to Creative Access at this address: email@example.com
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries. This includes, but is not limited to Black, Asian and ethnically diverse candidates, disabled people, and individuals from lower socioeconomic backgrounds.
The successful candidate for this opportunity will also participate in a Creative Access support programme that sits alongside workplace training. This includes a programme of induction training, monthly masterclasses, wellbeing support, buddying / mentoring and more.
Years of experience