Salary: £26,350 per annum
Are you a book lover who is looking for a sales role in the publishing industry?
Faber is a leading independent literary publisher. We publish a diverse range of high-profile authors such as Kazuo Ishiguro, Anna Burns, Sally Rooney, Leïla Slimani, Tsitsi Dangarembga, Orhan Pamuk, Sebastian Barry, Laura Lippman, Lenny Henry, Luke Harding, Melissa Harrison and Amelia Gentleman, and we have a backlist containing the works of T. S. Eliot, Seamus Heaney, Sylvia Plath and William Golding, among many others.
The sales department is looking to recruit a sales assistant. The successful candidate will be required to work as part of the busy sales team in support of Faber and the Independent Alliance in both the UK and Export markets.
This role involves all aspects of sales support for both UK and Export sales, across all publishers represented by the Faber sales department and across various distribution warehouses. You will liaise closely with the account managers to ensure that all customer needs are met.
- Preparing sales figures and sales packs; distributing and coordinating information and materials
- Monitoring and processing orders
- Responding to ad hoc queries and requests
- Preparing for meetings and following up on action points
- Monitoring the critical path
- Running regular sales reports
- Liaising closely with 3rd party publishers; monitoring logistics across three warehouses
- You will also provide general administrative support across the department for Faber and the Independent Alliance publishers
Knowledge, skills, experience
- We are looking for a book lover with proven administration skills, excellent organisational and interpersonal skills
- A good eye for detail and strong numeracy skills
- Previous publishing experience is not essential
- Good working knowledge of Google mail, Excel and Word is essential
This is a full-time position on a permanent contract and will report to the sales operations director. The job will be based in our London office.
To apply, please send a CV and covering letter to email@example.com quoting reference CA.
The closing date is Tuesday 5th July 2022.
Faber has a staff of just over 120, based across our offices in Bloomsbury Square, London, and Harlow. We want all our staff to have the best possible, most positive and enjoyable experience while working at Faber.
Our benefits include:
- Access to Faber titles (including regular staff book clubs), discounted Independent Alliance titles
- Minimum of 28 days’ holiday per year
- Five days per year for volunteering work of your choice
- Full subscription to the Headspace meditation app
- Season-ticket loans
- Cycle-to-work vouchers
- Subsidised eye tests
- Generous pension scheme
- Life assurance and income protection insurance
- Access to online GP and advisory services
We welcome applications from any individual regardless of ethnic origin, gender, disability, religious belief, sexual orientation or age. All applications will be considered on merit.
Please note that all personal information which we process in connection with your application will be treated in accordance with our Data Protection Privacy Notice athttps://faber.co.uk/data-protection-privacy and our Data Protection Policy athttps://faber.co.uk/data-protection-policy. Please read our Data Protection Privacy Notice and Data Protection Policy before submitting your application.
Please make sure that you state in your application that you found this role via Creative Access.
Years of experience
- £20,000 to £30,000 per year