This opportunity has now expired. Search for new opportunities
Closing date for applications: 14th August at 11.59pm
Salary: £24,000 per annum
Start date: end of August onwards
Are you interested in learning more about generating sales leads, making the best use of data, and about working with a leading independent global publisher?
Kogan Page is a leading independent business book publisher, producing award-winning content to help organisations and individuals thrive in the evolving business world. Kogan Page prides itself on offering access to the latest insight, best practice, tools, and techniques to navigate the trends and topics shaping business today.
Kogan Page is seeking a Sales Assistant to join their central London team (home-based two days per week). The objective of the role is to support sales team activity with key customer groups including bookshops, Amazon/online retailers, university lecturers and public/private sector organisations.
Bookshops & online retail
Working with the retail sales manager to answer queries, quote requests etc.
Keeping the retail trade mailing list and customer account information up to date in CRM
Checking book details are displayed properly on Amazon and arranging corrections
Helping to create engaging sales materials and visual presentations for key books
- Researching university websites to find specific modules/lectures where Kogan Page books might be of interest and adding information to CRM
- Using the research to solicit free review copy requests by email and phone
Corporate & direct
- Researching appropriate organisations and contacts within them to target for print and ebook collection sales lead generation campaigns
Knowledge, skills, experience
- Proactive and hard-working
- Detail oriented in your approach
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a confident and welcoming approach (if, for example, making calls to new business prospects)
- Educated to degree level
- A successful track record of achieving personal or work goals
- Log in to your Creative Access account or register today to apply for this opportunity
- Upload your CV and cover letter as one document (applications without a tailored cover letter will not be accepted)
- Once submitted, you can no longer amend your application, so proof-read carefully
- Do not contact the company directly
- Please email any queries about this role to Creative Access at this address: firstname.lastname@example.org
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries. This includes, but is not limited to Black, Asian and ethnically diverse candidates, disabled people, and individuals from lower socioeconomic backgrounds.
The successful candidate for this opportunity will also participate in a Creative Access support programme that sits alongside workplace training. This includes a programme of induction training, monthly masterclasses, wellbeing support, buddying / mentoring and more.
Years of experience