This opportunity has now expired. Search for new opportunities
First and foremost you’re the right person for this job if you believe in publishing books that all children can see themselves in.
We publish commercial, inclusive children’s books and want to find someone who is genuinely excited about doing that with us.
This is a rare and exciting opportunity for a commercially-minded, ambitious and talented sales professional to work on Knights Of’s award-winning children’s list. They will be flexible and adept at prioritising workload, juggling both long-term projects and short deadlines and schedules. This role is ideal for a junior sales professional who is looking to grow, for example a sales assistant or junior sales executive. The successful candidate will join our small, passionate team as sales executive on a full-time basis, working remotely and in our London office.
The role of sales executive is to grow sales of the Knights Of list, working closely with the core team and our partners in trade sales, marketing, international rights, North American rights and ANZ distribution/sales.
It is a core role that combines direct customer relationships, partner communication and market-management, with support and administrative responsibilities. The successful candidate will work closely with our marketing lead to create bespoke strategies for sales and marketing products.
The sales executive reports to the managing director and will be a leading representative in continuing to establish sales and marketing for Knights Of. They should show a keen interest in children’s books, and a willingness to develop an awareness of the market.
We are a small, close team and value not only the experience and creative input but also the community that we each bring to the workplace.
- Coordinating with sales partners BOUNCE, export, and international rights partners, including relevant international sales trips
- Working with the full Knights Of team to deliver a sales growth strategy across all territories
- Sales presentations to key accounts and specialist resellers, distributors and representatives with consistent support from the wider team
- Responsibility for handling orders, providing information and sales material, managing digital sales platforms, devising and assisting with promotional opportunities
- Picking up technical ideas and tools, like new platforms and software
- Weekly and monthly sales reporting and data analysis, to be presented with initiative and creativity
- Liaising closely with the team to ensure maximum sales from first acquisition to sell-through
- Engaging with the Knights Of list through reading and market research
Knowledge, skills, experience
- Excellent sales and presentation skills
- Very good organisational ability, creative flair, excellent communication skills and an enthusiastic self-starter
- Previous experience in a sales environment
- Aptitude for problem-solving and handling shifting priorities in a busy environment
- A keen interest in children’s books and young fiction
The successful candidate will have the right to live and work in the UK.
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please make sure that you state in your application that you found this role via Creative Access.
Fields of study
- Cultural sciences
- Marketing / Sales
Required degree level
- Level 3 (e.g. A Level)
Years of experience
- £20,000 to £30,000 per year
- Digital Marketing
- Office applications
- economic knowledge