This job ad is no longer active. Search for New jobs
Brickwall is looking for a talented and creative senior animator to join our small but perfectly formed creative team.
Brickwall is an award-winning, purpose-led creative agency based in South-East London. At Brickwall, we produce films, animations, social media content and graphic design. Our mission is to educate, inform and inspire; showing that truthful, creative and representative content can be a force for good. As a purpose-led organisation, we strive to work with clients that have a positive impact on us and our world, specialising in the healthcare, sustainability and not-for-profit sectors.
The ideal candidate will have excellent communication, organisational and team working skills, with at least five years experience animating a variety of content, from character-led animations through to motion graphics projects.
Essentially we are looking for a motivated, confident and talented individual to head up our animation department, working closely with creatives, designers, illustrators and other animators on our team. You’ll often be establishing the style and type of animation for projects, while helping to lead the project creative team to deliver beautiful and fit for purpose animated content. In the medium term you’ll also be helping find a suitable junior animator to work for Brickwall, and growing the team from there.
On a day-to-day basis you’ll be responsible for the following:
- Working with the creative team on pitches and proposals
- Working closely with creatives and designers to establish the style of content
- Overseeing the design and development of artwork for animation
- Working with Illustrator and Photoshop storyboards delivered by our amazing team of designers and illustrators.
- Animating, compositing and delivering a variety of projects to a very high spec for a great selection of clients
- Managing and working with a team of freelance animators
- Preparing renders of films for delivery to clients
- Keeping abreast of key trends and developments in the animation space
- Developing and organising an in-house library of animated assets, character walk cycles, transitions, and other templates.
- Managing and developing workflows
- Helping improve our pool of freelance talent
- Helping grow our animation team.
- Introducing new techniques and workflows into the team,.
Knowledge, skills, experience
- Excellent working knowledge of Adobe Creative cloud especially After Effects
- Great working knowledge of multi-media technology and software including Adobe photoshop, illustrator, Premiere, Microsoft Office and more
- Strong technical understanding of HD & 4K digital video workflows and encoding formats
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated and very organised
- Great attention to detail
- Comfortable with hybrid working – blend of office, film set and home-based hours
- Experience of other animation software such as Toonboom Harmony, Blender, Unity etc
- Experience using other media software i.e. FCP, Davinci resolve etc
- Design and art direction experience
If you think that this role sounds like it’s the one for you please send us:
- A short letter explaining why you’re a perfect fit for this role at Brickwall detailing your skills and experience.
- Your CV
- An example showreel or links to films, animations or other content you have animated & worked on.
We’ll then be inviting selected candidates to interview so you can meet a few of the team you might be working with, and request that you do a sample animated excerpt so we can see the magic you can create.
Benefits and opportunities at Brickwall for full time employment
- Competitive pension contribution
- Private medical insurance policy
- Company phone provision
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- 30 days’ holiday allowance inclusive of Christmas / New Year closure
- Quarterly whole business meetings – spending time together as a full team
- A yearly wellbeing day with complementary budget and reviews
- Yearly profit-share bonus
- Strong company ethical commitments and corporate social reasonability
The salary offered will be dependent on your experience.
Thanks for showing an interest in the role and we look forward to hearing from you.
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please make sure that you state in your application that you found this role via Creative Access.
Fields of study
- Media / Communication
Years of experience