This opportunity has now expired. Search for new opportunities
Senior event manager
Reports to: Head of events, The Stylist Group
We are looking for a highly organised senior event manager to join the in-house events team at The Stylist Group on a fixed term contract until mid-November 2022.
The Stylist Group is a female-focused media company which encompasses live events, a creative agency and product targeted to metropolitan women. Through high frequency print and non-stop mobile first content, Stylist reaches a monthly audience of over 4.5 million and helps market thousands of global brands. Launched as part of Shortlist Media in 2009, we keep a commitment to feminism, equality and female empowerment at the heart of everything we do.
This position will suit an individual who has substantial proven experience within the events industry. We are looking for a candidate who is highly organised and is happy to work as part of a team, and get involved with all different aspects of events.
- To support the head of events by producing responses for incoming commercial briefs through building budgets, creative decks and offering end to end event solutions for clients. Presenting to clients, both internal and external
- To execute existing event plans, end to end; by running the event timeline, managing the budget and running events onsite
- To support with team management where necessary, ensuring communication, time management, event rules, efficiency and development is clear and consistent
- To brief, tender, appoint and manage any sub-contractors needed for events, including, but not limited to areas like AV, design, production, catwalk, stand builds, stages and dressing
- To manage event budgets and provide regular forecasts and reports to the head of events
- To ensure a clear line of communication between Editorial, Commercial and Events by producing weekly reports, including action points, and hosting regular meetings between stakeholders
- To project manage any event associated sponsors, executing sponsorship contracts, production budget and execution of experience to deadline
- To appoint and manage all staff needed onsite for events
- To project manage the artwork production needed for events
- To establish quality control in all areas including food and drink offerings
- To assist the sponsorship team in securing a variety of partnerships across Stylist Live i.e. car, drink, food, furniture
- To implement all partnership activity in a timely manner, reporting back to all those involved and executing commercial and editorial promises where relevant
- Manage workload for existing and upcoming projects. Foresee and organise freelance support where needed
- Ensure all health and safety paperwork; including risk assessments, insurance and legal documents are valid and in place for all events
Knowledge, skills, experience
- Relevant demonstrable experience in the events industry running events in various fields
- Ideal experience would include experiential, commercial, brand, concerts/festivals, talks, fashion and beauty events
- Proven examples of negotiation, recruitment of full time or part time event staff and team management
- Keen eye for detail and the ability to multi-task between highly creative and logistical tasks
- Excellent record keeper and confident speaker – able to report back to the senior management team bi-weekly on developments
- Extensive knowledge of event industry suppliers
- Experience managing suppliers and contractors from tender process to onsite
Deadline is 6pm, Thursday 19th May 2022
Please note: We thank you in advance for any applications; only candidates invited for interview will be contacted. No Agencies please.
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please make sure that you state in your application that you found this role via Creative Access.
Years of experience