Senior planning producer – Good Morning Britain
Salary: depending on experience
Closing date: 27th May at midnight
Term: 12-month fixed term contract
Do you have a thorough understanding of what makes a great Good Morning Britain story?
We are looking for a Senior Planning Producer to join our busy team.
- Your knowledge of news and key events will enable you to plan news coverage of diary stories and large planned news events, arranging shoots, lives and securing guests.
- You will also need to source and secure great human interest stories
You will be responsible for the advance planning of content for the all news output on Good Morning Britain
You will identify stories to cover and plan and organise how to cover them in liaison with the Head of Planning
And you will be confident in leading a team of producers and researchers to generate news and programme content
Knowledge, skills, experience
- You will be a qualified journalist
- Ideally with a track-record of working in a planning role for a news broadcaster
- With a comprehensive knowledge of and interest in news and news magazine programming, you will have the ability to demonstrate strong editorial judgement, especially when reacting under time constraints
- You will have excellent communication skills and be able to build rapport easily
- Working knowledge of media law and Ofcom compliance issues is also important
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please make sure that you state in your application that you found this role via Creative Access.
Years of experience