This opportunity has now expired. Search for new opportunities
Senior producer (output) – Good Morning Britain
Term: 12 months fixed-term
Do you enjoy exciting, creative challenges and thrive in a fast moving, live TV environment?
The UK’s most talked and tweeted about television news show needs a new Senior Producer with a real passion for getting eye-catching news, current affairs and topical programme items to air.
You will be a highly experienced broadcast journalist and exceptional team leader with a proven track record of working in a live television environment, identifying and producing standout stories and with extensive live gallery experience.
You’ll need to be as passionate about the programme you’re creating as the team you’ll be leading and have the confidence and ability to act up as Assistant Editor as and when required.
The shifts are long but rewarding and there’ll be the opportunity to work on location both in the UK and abroad.
The successful candidate will become part of one of the best, most passionate, committed and friendliest production teams in the world so if you have the talent, tenacity, resourcefulness and resilience to join it we'd love to hear from you.
- Building a programme from the planning stage through to transmission
- Managing a team producers and researchers
- Coming up with ideas for items/strands
- Developing new and innovative production ideas
- Creating a complete programme rundown, including scripts, teases, treatments and structures
- Outputting the show alongside the Assistant Editor
- Briefing correspondents and guests whilst on air
- Reacting to breaking news whilst on air
- Acting up as Assistant Editor when required
- Have a constantly refreshed knowledge of the law and particularly compliance
Knowledge, skills, experience
- Sound editorial judgement
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Team leader
- Creative producer
- Thorough knowledge of media workflow and management systems
- Experience of working in a newsroom / topical programme environment
- Experience of outputting a live news or topical programme
- Proven experience working with a News Management System quickly and accurately
- Proven track record as a journalist
- Proven track record as a producer
- Proven experience of managing a team
- Thorough knowledge of broadcast law and compliance issues
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please make sure that you state in your application that you found this role via Creative Access.
Closing date: Tuesday 24th May at midnight
Years of experience