This job ad is no longer active. Search for New jobs
Senior science writer
Closing date for applications: 28th June at 11.59pm
Salary: depending on experience
In this role you will manage content across, and create content for, and a variety of digital communications platforms.
Frontiers is an award-winning open science platform and leading open access scholarly publisher.
We are one of the largest and most cited publishers globally. To date, our 200,000 freely available research articles have received more than 1 billion views and downloads and 2 million citations. Our journals span science, health, humanities and social sciences, engineering, and sustainability. And we continue to expand into new academic disciplines so more researchers can publish open access.
Be part of the publishing revolution and help us transform the way research is published, evaluated, and communicated to the world.
We are seeking a Communications Specialist to support the visibility, brand perception, and strategic development of three flagship initiatives: Frontiers in Science, the Frontiers Forum, and Frontiers for Young Minds.
- Your work will support the promotion of transformational science and world-renowned researchers to large global audiences – and ultimately help to drive science-led solutions for healthy lives on a healthy planet
- You'll join our marketing and communications department, in a team reporting to the Senior Communications Manager for VIP communications
- In addition to your direct team, you will work closely with other Frontiers teams in different functions and departments
Knowledge, skills, experience
- You have a Bachelor’s Degree in journalism, English, communications, or a related area
- You are a native-level English speaker
- You have excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills, with a flair for storytelling and experience in creating content adapted to different communications channels
- You have good knowledge of content management systems
- You pay exceptional attention to detail, with the reflex to systematically fact- and quality-check your work
- You meticulously plan your work to consistently deliver simultaneous projects on time, while remaining flexible to last-minute changes
- You are independent and autonomous, while being a collaborative and solutions-oriented team player who works well with colleagues across diverse functions and backgrounds
- You are curious and open, interested in the latest communications trends, adapting approaches based on objective performance metrics, and proactively exploring new concepts
- You have a science background and/or experience in science communications
- You have experience with producing videos
- You have basic knowledge of SEO, UX writing, analytics tools, and content marketing principles
- You have basic knowledge of digital project management and collaboration tools
- You have experience working with colleagues and stakeholders in different departments, as well as working remotely with colleagues in different locations around the world
Your application must include:
- A cover letter and CV
- Writing samples - highly desired
- State in your application that you found this role through Creative Access
Frontiers actively embraces diversity and is a safe and welcoming workplace. Recruitment is free from discrimination – including based on race, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or sexual orientation. With over 600 employees from more than 50 different nations, our diversity creates vibrant teams and constantly challenges us to appreciate multiple perspectives.
Fields of study
- Media / Communication
Required degree level
- Level 5 (e.g. Foundation degree)
Years of experience
- general knowledge