This opportunity has now expired. Search for new opportunities
Sky Studios Elstree - Senior runner
Salary/bursary: London Living Wage
Contract duration: 12 months (consisting of two 6-month placements)
Start date: October 2022
TV content placement open now! Love delivering exemplary customer service and helping wherever you can? Then this opportunity is the one for you.
Working as a flexible resource in support of all departments across Sky Studios Elstree, the runners team has a critical role to play in ensuring that Studio users have a first class production experience whilst working at Sky Studios Elstree.
As a senior runner, you'll spend 6 months within the Client Services team and 6 months in the Operations team and will be a key liaison point between the running team, production reps and operations, facilities and productions.
What you'll be doing
- Coordinating team runners to ensure the provision of first-class customer service support to clients working at Sky Studios Elstree
- Attending site operational team meetings and production related meetings as required
- Providing day to day support, as required, across the site to:
- Client Services team
- Front of House / Reception team
- Mailroom team
- Health & Safety
- Providing administrative support to the Client Services team and Operations teams across all aspects of site operations and tasks including taking calls, calendar maintenance, meeting and recce coordination as required
- Working across Operations, Client Services and Facilities teams and with Site Services in support in setting up and clearing down client areas before and after occupation across the site in offices, stages, dressing rooms, make-up, wardrobe, production support buildings, screening rooms, meeting rooms, etc.
- Assisting in the onboarding of new production crews as needed
- Support in the tracking of client activity and billing across runner related expenditure
- Supporting in the preparation and dissemination of daily call sheets, work orders, site reports and any other relevant notifications, ensuring they are accurate and contain all relevant operational information as directed
- Providing on-set runner service, as required by production
- Administrative support to Client Services and Operations team as required
What we're looking for
- A graduate in any degree discipline, or soon will be
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- An outstanding attitude towards delivering exemplary customer service
- Friendly, positive, can-do attitude
- Proactive and able to use own initiative
- Able to coordinate and work well in a team
- Customer service experience beneficial, but not essential
This opportunity is only open to individuals from a group that is under-represented in the creative industries. This includes, but is not limited to Black, Asian and ethnically diverse candidates, people with disabilities and individuals from lower socioeconomic backgrounds.
How you’ll grow and be supported
They’ve created a brand new learning experience that will sit alongside your Creative Access programme. They’ll help you grow into your role, with the right tools and support (of course). This learning and development programme supports you with:
- Growth - Every project and role you take on will be a chance to learn and grow. And you’ll be supported by passionate colleagues along the way
- Confidence - Whatever your background, you can make a valuable and valued contribution. You’ll build confidence by getting involved and stepping outside of your comfort zone
- Belonging - You’re trusted to own your day, but there’s always someone on hand to make sure you succeed. With fellow grads, inspiring each other to think big and take action. Or with your manager and wider Sky team to help build your own unique career.
Plus, you’ll have access to a range of tools, from workshops to digital courses (like LinkedIn Learning), which will help you along the way.
You'll also participate in a Creative Access support programme that sits alongside workplace training. This includes a programme of induction training, monthly masterclasses, wellbeing support, buddying / mentoring and more.
They’re all about watching great TV, so getting free NOW is a given. You’ll also receive life insurance, pension and access to their Sky Benefits platform. This includes health and wellbeing benefits e.g. dental insurance, gym memberships, cycle plans and health screening, as well as lifestyle benefits e.g. retail vouchers and season ticket loans for travel. You’ll get access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development.
And if that’s not enough, their award-winning Sky Studios Elstree campus features cutting-edge technology, screening rooms, landscaped gardens and is set to be the world’s most sustainable film and TV studio. It’s easy to get to Sky Studios Elstree. You can hop on a free electric shuttle bus to and from Elstree and Borehamwood station, or park your car or bike on-site. When you’re there, make sure you grab a coffee or lunch in their subsidised café and sit in their central plaza surrounded by blockbuster-making sound stages.
So why wait?
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can’t wait to hear from you.
If you're successful in your application for this role, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your Criminal Record.
- Log in to your Creative Access account or register today to apply for this opportunity
- Upload your CV and cover letter as one document (applications without a tailored cover letter will not be accepted)
- Once submitted, you can no longer amend your application, so proof-read carefully
- Do not contact the company directly
- Please email any queries about this role to Creative Access at this address: email@example.com
- The closing date for applications is 22/05/2022 at 23:59
Why inclusion is important
It’s the people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why they work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best. Sky are focused on who you are and what you’ll bring to Sky.
Years of experience