This opportunity has now expired. Search for new opportunities
Sky Studios - Production operations assistant & operations assistant
Salary/bursary: London Living Wage
Duration: 12 months (two six month placements rotated in production and operations)
Start date: October 2022
Find out what it really takes to make a TV show! In this placement opportunity you'll develop your knowledge of the planning, running and admin for new in-house productions among other areas.
This programme offers you the chance to join the experts at Sky Studios, as Production Operations Assistant and Operations Assistant. The operations team look after all systems, processes, projects and wider business elements that support its Editorial, Production and Commercial teams. They manage the end to end traffic of Sky Studios' in-house productions and commissions, their stakes in multiple leading production companies in the UK and US, and delivery of large scale projects such as Sky Studios Elstree, a new state of the art film and TV studio set to open next year.
The Production Operations team support the in-house Production arm who produce original content for Sky. Production Operations ensure the business of production runs smoothly across systems, processes and compliance, working hand in hand with the in-house production management team to deliver fantastic content to customers.
In this Creative Access 12-month programme, you’ll have a 6-month placement in each department as production operations assistant & operations assistant.
What you'll learn as a production operations assistant
Working closely with the creative and finance teams, you will assist with the planning, running and administration of new in-house productions and broader operational requirements.
- Supporting Production Operations and in-house Production teams during production and filming stages
- Working with production management systems across crew management, information distribution and communications
- Understanding how the corporate and production worlds interact
- Supporting specialist shoots and general production management
What you'll learn as an operations assistant
Sitting at the heart of the Sky Studios operations, your role will be to support the end-to-end workflow of Sky Studios Group Scripted and Non-scripted commissioned or in-house productions:
- Supporting the Content Traffic workflow from receipt to delivery to Sky Channels / GMO / NBCU, ensuring Producers have the up-to-date specs and processes
- Supporting the administration of tracking tools for all titles across Sky Studios Group
- Working closely and collaboratively with the Admin Assistant to ensure seamless communication to Sky Studios Commercial and Legal teams / NBCU/GMO on content progress and deal statuses
- Supporting the administration of Sky Studios content management and general productivity tools
- Supporting wider Sky Studios, Finance, Group Compliance and Technology operations across corporate systems and processes including compliance, data storage, contracts and other possible operational requirements
- Supporting the localization of Sky Studios German and Italian content for UK audiences
- Working with the wider operational teams across a variety of exciting projects on delivery
What we’re looking for
- A graduate in any degree discipline or soon will be
- Strong organisational skills with a proactive mentality and creative problem-solving abilities
- A quick learner and a team player
- Ability to handle a fast-paced environment, supervising several projects in various points of production (from development through delivery).
- Ability to work with multiple software applications across different disciplines
- General understanding of the overall production workflow
- Have a passion for media and project management
- An interest in Sky titles
- Sincere passion about the Production landscape and the future of content creation
This opportunity is only open to individuals from a group that is under-represented in the creative industries. This includes, but is not limited to Black, Asian and ethnically diverse candidates, people with disabilities and individuals from lower socioeconomic backgrounds.
How you’ll grow and be supported
We’ve created a brand new learning experience that will sit alongside your creative access programme. We’ll help you grow into your role, with the right tools and support (of course). The development programme supports you with:
- Growth - Every project and role you take on will be a chance to learn and grow. And you’ll be supported by passionate colleagues along the way
- Confidence - Whatever your background, you can make a valuable and valued contribution. You’ll build confidence by getting involved and stepping outside of your comfort zone
- Belonging - You’re trusted to own your day, but there’s always someone on hand to make sure you succeed. With fellow grads, inspiring each other to think big and take action. Or with your manager and wider Sky team to help build your own unique career
Plus, you’ll have access to a range of tools, from workshops to digital courses (like LinkedIn Learning), which will help you along the way.
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best. CV’s aren’t everything. We’re more focused on who you are and the potential what you’ll bring to Sky.
The successful candidate for this opportunity will also participate in a Creative Access support programme that sits alongside workplace training. This includes a programme of induction training, monthly masterclasses, wellbeing support, buddying / mentoring and more.
We’re all about watching great TV, so getting free NOW is a given. You’ll also receive life insurance, pension and access to our Sky Benefits platform. This includes health and wellbeing benefits e.g. dental insurance, gym memberships, cycle plans and health screening, as well as lifestyle benefits e.g. retail vouchers and season ticket loans for travel.
You’ll get access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. And if that’s not enough, their award-winning Osterley campus boasts six subsidised restaurants, a cinema, gym, and much more.
Why inclusion is important
It’s the people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why they work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best. CV’s aren’t everything. Sky are more focused on who you are and the potential what you’ll bring to Sky.
So why wait?
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can’t wait to hear from you.
If you are successful in your application for this role, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your Criminal Record.
- Log in to your Creative Access account or register today to apply for this opportunity
- Upload your CV and cover letter as one document (applications without a tailored cover letter will not be accepted)
- Once submitted, you can no longer amend your application, so proof-read carefully
- Do not contact the company directly
- Please email any queries about this role to Creative Access at this address: email@example.com
- The closing date for applications is 22/05/2022 at 23:59
Years of experience