Social media manager
Passionate about brands and marketing? Join our team in the London office!
At Smart Energy GB, we aim to engage and communicate with the whole of our diverse nation about the smart meter rollout across England, Scotland, and Wales. We are an independent organisation set up by the government to deliver the national public engagement campaign, raise awareness of smart meters and drive the adoption of this technology in everyone's homes. Smart meters are essential building blocks in the creation of a cleaner, greener energy system for the future.
We are looking for a passionate and detail-orientated social media manager, with in-depth experience managing and growing a variety of social channels and a robust understanding of social media’s capacity for behaviour change, proactively seeking new opportunities to champion social within the organisation, to join our team in our London office! You will manage Smart Energy GB’s social media channels to engage and inform the British public about smart meters on the platforms they visit daily. As our in-house social content expert, you will work with the senior campaigns and digital manager and our network of agencies to help define our social channel strategy, both paid and organic.
- Support the senior campaigns and digital manager in developing our social content strategy including increased use of hyper-targeted messaging
- Project manage campaign content development (including organic), liaising with a network of agencies and internal resources to develop campaigns and content calendars, providing regular updates on project progress and flagging risks with the senior campaigns and digital manager
- Contribute an expert view to the development of campaign assets, inputting your knowledge of what works on our channels, relevant industry insights and data from our social listening tool BrandWatch, to make our campaign content the best it can be
- Work with the senior campaigns and digital manager website manager, our creative and media agencies, and the head of campaigns and digital to dissect results and optimise our creative on social channels to maximise its effectiveness and push it to meet key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Lead our community management strategy and organic content strategy
- Manage our social content planning from a creative perspective, supporting the senior campaigns and digital manager and taking their direction to ensure content is optimised for performance
- Define and apply all procedures and protocols to govern our use of social media and guide activity across the organisation and our agency partners
- Responsible for a robust crisis plan for social media, supporting the social media assistant in monitoring our social listening tool BrandWatch for social media threats
- Line manage the social media assistant, with responsibility for their continuous development and acting as an escalation point for questions and comments that develop around our social media posts
Knowledge, skills, experience
- Previous involvement in major communication campaigns at a creative agency, or an in-house marketing team, with an understanding of the creative development process
- Ability to compile clear and compelling briefs, and have experience in briefing and managing external agencies
- Skilled at managing projects from concept through to completion
- Analytical, with a strong appreciation of what makes a solid creative response, and the ability to effectively assess creative work against the issued brief
- Proactive, able to work both autonomously, and also as part of a team
- Detail-orientated, organised, and able to juggle a variety of projects in a fast-paced environment against tight deadlines
- Skilled at stakeholder management
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (verbal/written)
- Passionate about brands and marketing
- Appreciation of the objectives and activities of Smart Energy GB
- Appreciation for the diversity of the people and communities of Great Britain and embrace this diversity in your approach to work
Smart Energy GB is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We use data to measure the effectiveness of our attraction and selection methods to ensure that they are fair and equitable and that opportunities at Smart Energy GB are accessible to people from all backgrounds.
We actively encourage applications from currently under-represented groups. We have identified ethnically diverse background, a lower socio-economic background, disability and gender as the key areas we would like to focus our recruitment efforts in.
What do we do at Smart Energy GB to promote Diversity and Inclusion?
Every person who applies for a role at Smart Energy GB is asked to complete a diversity questionnaire and they are asked whether or not they consent to their diversity data being taken into consideration at the shortlisting stage. Please complete this form with your application - https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/SEGBRecruitmentEDMonitoringForm2022
1. Rooney Rule
We are building a team that is able to understand the needs of and effectively communicate with the whole of our diverse nation. We want our team to reflect the diversity of the wider population, in terms of the representation of people from ethnically diverse and lower socio-economic backgrounds.
If consent is given, of the candidates who meet the essential selection criteria for the role and who are from ethnic minority or lower socio-economic backgrounds, at least one will be shortlisted for the next stage in the recruitment process, which is usually an interview.
All disabled applicants who meet the minimum requirements of the job as set out in the job description will be guaranteed an interview if consent is given for this data to be taken into consideration at the shortlisting stage.
If there’s anything we can do to make our interview process or working environment more inclusive and to meet your particular needs please let us know. Our offices have full wheelchair access.
To apply for the role
To view the full job description, please click 'apply' where you will be redirected to our careers page.
Smart Energy GB is an equal opportunity employer and we track equal opportunity data to make our recruitment and selection practices as inclusive as possible. Please could you complete our short form - https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/SEGBRecruitmentEDMonitoringForm2022
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use. An audio/visual version is also available upon request.
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please make sure that you state in your application that you found this role via Creative Access.
Years of experience
- £31,000 to £40,000 per year
- Digital Marketing