Social media specialist
Are you passionate about science, able to spot newsworthy research, skilled at getting social media coverage and making it interesting for a lay audience? Then we may have the perfect job for you!
Frontiers is an award-winning open science platform and leading open access scholarly publisher.
We are on a mission to make science open so everyone can live healthy lives on a healthy planet.
We are one of the largest and most cited publishers globally. To date, our 200,000 freely available research articles have received more than 1 billion views and downloads and 2 million citations. Our journals span science, health, humanities and social sciences, engineering, and sustainability. And we continue to expand into new academic disciplines so more researchers can publish open access.
Be part of the publishing revolution and help us transform the way research is published, evaluated, and communicated to the world.
The Frontiers social media team, part of the marketing and communications department, working to disseminate impactful science to the world and support Frontiers’ mission to ensure we can all live healthy lives on a healthy planet.
We are looking for a social media specialist to deliver clear and compelling content across our social media channels. The ideal candidate will have excellent communication and copywriting skills, as well as experience of running paid social media campaigns.
- Create content and paid campaigns for all social media channels, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube and LinkedIn
- Conceptualize engaging multimedia content, including videos
- Manage daily conversations taking place on feeds
- Monitor and report on social media campaign performance
- Monitor trends in social media tools, applications, design, strategy and analytics
- Support and enable team members from other departments on social media best practices
Knowledge, skills, experience
- Bachelor’s Degree and demonstrated experience executing successful paid social media campaigns
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills, with the ability to communicate complex topics in 280 characters
- Advanced knowledge of social media platforms: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube and LinkedIn
- A proven track record of using key social media tools: Facebook and/or Twitter Ads Manager as well as Social Studio or Hootsuite
- Experience with Google Analytics
- Ability to conceptualize and explain new content strategies
- Ability to produce clear and concise data-driven presentations and reports
- Knowledge of Google Ads
- Knowledge of SEO best practices
- Experience with Salesforce and Marketing Cloud
With more than 50 nationalities represented in our global team, you will work regularly with teammates in other countries, and with our community of researchers, editors, and authors from around the globe.
Our mission to create solutions for healthy lives also extends to the working environment we provide for our employees.
100% remote working
Employees now have the flexibility to choose where they want to work, with remote working available on a part- or full-time basis.
Learning and development
All employees have access to LinkedIn Learning (and Pluralsight for our technology team), an annual personal learning budget, and dedicated L&D time.
We offer free online yoga classes, an employee assistance plan, access to the Headspace app, and four wellbeing days on top of your annual leave allowance.
Employees can dedicate three days each year to volunteer for a personal cause or through our volunteering partner platform, Alaya.
Frontiers actively embraces diversity and is a safe and welcoming workplace. Recruitment is free from discrimination – including based on race, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or sexual orientation. With over 600 employees from more than 50 different nations, our diversity creates vibrant teams and constantly challenges us to appreciate multiple perspectives.
Please make sure that you state in your application that you found this role via Creative Access.
Fields of study
- Media / Communication
Required degree level
- Level 5 (e.g. Foundation degree)
Years of experience
- general knowledge
- Digital Marketing