Sports & lifestyle intern
Closing date for applications: 10th August at 11.59pm
Salary/bursary: London Living Wage equivalent
Start date: August 2022
Duration: 6 months
Do you want to learn about PR and marketing for sports & lifestyle brands through paid, hands-on experience?
Pitch is an award-winning creative integrated marketing agency specialising in sport and entertainment. They help ambitious brands to reach bigger audiences through people's biggest passions. Founded in 2002, they are an independent agency located in the heart of Soho. They have a long track record of success, and are best known for their Passion, Creativity and Ambition. Pitch has four operating divisions: PR, Partnerships, Productions and Platforms. Their core capabilities span creative brand communications, sponsorship activation, digital, social and influencer marketing and integrated content production (video, design, animation). The PR division at Pitch currently counts the NBA, Formula 1, BT Sport, Sports Direct, Beats by Dre, and ASICS among its key clients.
Pitch Marketing Group is searching for a highly motivated intern with a passion for PR and marketing to join its growing sports & lifestyle PR team. This is an opportunity for an ambitious applicant to join a team devising and delivering distinctive PR campaigns and impactful media relations for some of the world’s biggest brands, sports rights holders and media companies.
What you'll learn
- How to best communicate with media and clients
- How to create written content such as press releases and media alerts
- The use of media reporting tools
- Organisational skills, including client meeting prep
You’ll also undertake a variety of tasks, including but not limited to
- Media relations
- Influencer engagement
- Creation of written content (press releases, media alerts, blog copy)
- Research and assistance at media events
- Supporting your account teams in preparation for client meetings and calls
What we're looking for
- An interest in PR and the sport industry
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- A passion for creativity in PR and marketing
- A degree in a relevant subject
- Log in to your Creative Access account or register today to apply for this opportunity
- Upload your CV and cover letter as one document (applications without a tailored cover letter will not be accepted)
- Once submitted, you can no longer amend your application, so proof-read carefully
- Do not contact the company directly
- Please email any queries about this role to Creative Access at this address: email@example.com
This opportunity is only open to individuals from a group that is under-represented in the creative industries. This includes, but is not limited to Black, Asian and ethnically diverse candidates, disabled people, and individuals from lower socioeconomic backgrounds.
The successful candidate for this opportunity will also participate in a Creative Access support programme that sits alongside workplace training. This includes a programme of induction training, monthly masterclasses, wellbeing support, buddying / mentoring and more.
Years of experience