Stage door keeper
Closing date: for completed applications is 11:59pm GMT on 19 May 2022. Interviews will take place in week commencing 30 May 2022.
Salary: £11.05 per hour, plus benefits
Term: Permanent, part-time position (15 hours a week)
Are you keen on providing excellent visitor experience? Do you aspire to work with a creative arts organisation?
Sadler's Wells is a world-leading creative organisation dedicated to dance in all its forms. Our mission is to make and share dance that inspires us all.
We are looking for a Stage Door Keeper to provide an efficient and welcoming service to the public, artists, companies and staff visiting all three venues; Sadler’s Wells, Lilian Baylis Studio and the Peacock.
You will be a good communicator, able to deliver great customer service and offer a warm welcome. Previous experience of operating a switchboard or working on a reception is essential. You must also currently hold the right to work in the UK.
With plans underway for the development of a fourth venue in the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, this is an excellent opportunity to join Sadler’s Wells as it expands with potential for you to grow the role.
Knowledge, skills, experience
- Experience of operating a switchboard and/or reception work
- The ability to welcome people from a diverse range of backgrounds
- Available to work daytimes, evenings and weekends
- Available to work extra shifts, including Bank Holidays and the Christmas and New Year period
- Ability to quickly learn about the about key systems in the reception area such as: access controls; intruder and fire alarm
- Able to work autonomously
- Able to work under pressure, and excellent problem-solving skills
- Interest in performing arts, knowledge of theatre
- Willingness to work at both Sadler’s Wells in Angel and The Peacock Theatre in Holborn
- Must currently hold the right to work in the UK
We are committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and actively encourage applications from Black, Asian and those belonging to ethnic groups that are currently underrepresented within the Arts. Applications from deaf and disabled communities and low socio-economic backgrounds are also welcome. As a user of the Disability Confident Scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled candidates who meet the minimum essential criteria for the role as set out in the Job Pack (click apply to download this).
Sadler’s Wells also works collaboratively with Parents in Performing Arts (PiPA) in efforts to support parents and carers within the industry.
Please state in your application that you found this role through Creative Access.
Years of experience