Salary: £26,780 per annum
Join The National Gallery! As their studio coordinator, you'll manage and monitor the workflow of the busy creative team.
The responsibility of the studio coordinator is to enable the smooth running of the creative team’s workload by managing traffic and design requests from across all Gallery departments. Responsible for allocating design work across the team of designers and for assessing and interrogating briefs and schedules. Creating, managing and updating complex exhibition schedules. Supporting the head of creative and the whole creative team.
- Acting as the first port of call for the creative team. Managing, assessing, monitoring and allocating all design requests, queries and questions relating to design work and general operations
- Creating and managing departmental production schedules, prioritising work to ensure all projects are produced to deadline, following up with the requesting department if required
- Manage and monitor design requests for the team, using own initiative and sound judgement to allocate work to designers based on their expertise and workload, ensuring work is shared evenly throughout the team
- Creating, managing, and continually updating overarching exhibition design schedules to aid future exhibition planning and to assist the head of creative in allocating designers to particular exhibitions
- Communicate effectively and clearly with key internal and external clients ensuring that relationships are strong and expectations are well managed
- Meeting and advising colleagues and contractors about work and schedules
Knowledge, skills, experience
- Degree level or relevant working experience managing workflow systems for a team (ideally for a design studio)
- High level of organisational skills
- Demonstratable attention to detail
- Knowledge of using a workflow system, such as Asana
- Demonstrable ability to plan effectively
- Proven ability to work effectively within a team
- Ability to set priorities and work independently with strong initiative
- Strong communication skills
- Positive and effective team player
- Able to juggle multiple projects at once
- Able to prioritise and work to tight deadlines
- Ability to cope under pressure within a busy team
- Ability to make sound judgements when allocating work across designers
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please make sure that you state in your application that you found this role via Creative Access.
Years of experience
- £20,000 to £30,000 per year