This job ad is no longer active. Search for New jobs
Systems operator – ITV Studios Daytime
ITV Studios Daytime is looking for a systems operator with proven experience of multimedia formats to join our traffic department.
The ITV Studios Daytime slate is filled with Good Morning Britain, Lorraine, This Morning and Loose Women, most of these programmes run 52 weeks a year. We also have a role in providing services to 'Development Projects' such as John and Lisa's Weekend Kitchen. Alongside our traditional production teams we also have in-house and dedicated Graphics, Promos, Post Production, Studio Crew and Support teams, all play an equally important role in ensuring we go to air each and every day.
You will ensure all material is processed through the systems as determined by the workflows as well as communicating this process to the wider business.
The role will include ingesting line feeds, programme recordings and file transfers into the servers using Avid automated software.
Knowledge, skills, experience
- You will need experience with VT (video tape) and file based media transfers
- You will also have experience with operating matrix patching and being familiar with Avid playout systems
- This role will suit someone with a thorough understanding of the Avid work engines including Interplay Capture, Newscutter, Assist, Access, Command, Avid Airspeed 5000 Remote Console
- The ideal candidate will have proven experience of workflow through the traffic area and you will have an understanding of the broadcast production processes, including file transfers, codecs, visual and audio quality control, matrix’s and routing
- Knowledge of broadcast technical standards including Ofcom guidelines is advantageous
If you can work calmly under pressure, effectively within a team, and with senior stakeholders including considerable experience working with server based production technologies apply now.
This role will often include night shifts and an out of hours working schedule.
Training will be provided.
Closing date for applications: Monday 27th June 2022
We reach millions of people everyday, that’s why having diverse talents and being an organisation where colleagues feel included is crucial to us. We have various networks who celebrate and support our colleagues. We try to embed an inclusive mindset in everything we do. Find out more here.
Candidates who declared a disability and meet the minimum criteria will be moved to the next stage- find out more here. We're happy to discuss any additional support you may need during our application process as part of our reasonable adjustments approach. We encourage you to get in touch with us if you require additional support please email Daytimetalent@itv.com.
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please make sure that you state in your application that you found this role via Creative Access.