Talent team apprentice (London)
Qualification offered with apprenticeship: Level 2 Recruitment Resourcer
Length of apprenticeship: 15 months
Reports to: Talent Acquisition Partner
Department: People Team
This apprenticeship would suit someone looking to start a career in HR. Have an interest in resourcing/talent acquisition? Apply!
Our apprenticeship programme is designed to provide work experience and a related qualification to people leaving formal education and who have decided to pursue an apprenticeship rather than attend University.
Our apprenticeships are full-time, with four days per week spent working in a C4 department and one day per week completing the formal learning parts of the apprenticeship. Our Apprentices have external tutors who deliver workshops and seminars to them and offer support throughout the apprenticeship. It is essential for apprentices to be able to balance their work and learning time and commit to delivering what is required for the formal learning elements in order to successfully achieve the qualifications on completion.
The formal training provided will consist of workshops, tutorials, webinars, coaching and in some cases residential boot camps. The training is dependent on the qualification your apprenticeship offers and will be explained in detail by the training provider before you officially begin the course. You can read more about the qualification being offered for this apprenticeship below.
Am I eligible to apply?
- You must be 18 years old or over at the time the scheme starts to apply. There is no upper age limit.
- You cannot already have a similar qualification at the same or higher level than what is being offered on this apprenticeship. For example, you are not eligible to apply for this role if you have a Recruitment related qualification.
The Talent team at Channel 4 (C4) have responsibility for several areas including;
- Finding brilliant people to join C4 across our Creative, Commercial and Operations divisions
- Managing the early careers activity to help people start their careers in the media industry
- Supporting our line managers in managing the recruitment and talent processes
- Working on many varied projects from induction to recruitment technology
We typically recruit for between 200-300 roles a year, working hard to ensure that we find the best candidates, who come from a variety of different backgrounds but who all share a passion for C4 and our remit.
We are committed to providing a great service to the hundreds of line managers we support each year and ensuring that the thousands of candidates who apply for our roles are given a brilliant candidate experience – especially as we are not able to offer a job to most of them.
This apprenticeship would suit someone looking to start a career in HR. It is focused on recruitment so an interest in Resourcing/Talent Acquisition is needed.
- Create job descriptions and job adverts
- Utilise social media to promote opportunities
- Use the recruitment system to post roles
- Learn how to screen and process candidates in our ATS (Applicant Tracking System)
- Assist with selection processes
- Book interviews and utilise HireVue (our online video interviewing platform)
- Liaise with hiring managers and candidates
- Support the administration of the new induction process
- Support across the 2022/23 Apprentice programme
- Assist with candidate queries
- Provide constructive feedback to candidates
- Attend careers events and other 4Skills activity to promote opportunities at C4
Knowledge, skills, experience
Full training will be provided and we are not expecting you to come with any recruitment or HR knowledge. But we do ask for the following;
- Confidence to learn and use multiple recruitment technology systems – you will be working with more than once system daily
- Comfortable working with MS Office products - you’ll work daily with Word, Outlook, Teams and occasionally with PowerPoint and Excel
- Excellent written communication skills – you will be communicating with C4 employees and candidates via email daily
- Excellent verbal communication skills – you’ll be dealing with queries from C4 employees, colleagues, and candidates daily
- Strong attention to detail – we deal with a lot of important information and it’s imperative for our work to be correct and without errors
- Highly organised and self-motivated – you’ll have one day per week to do your studies and coursework and you will need to be disciplined and well-planned to stay on top of everything
- Committed to providing excellent customer service – we pride ourselves on giving the best support to our hiring managers and a great experience to our candidates
- Passionate about diversity and inclusion – C4 was created to celebrate difference and we want our employees to represent the diversity of modern Britain and be part of a truly inclusive workplace
- Keen to learn and not afraid to ask questions – you’ll need to be curious, enjoy learning new tasks and always ask questions if you are unsure of anything
- Thrive by being busy – doing an apprenticeship and a job is hard work so you’ll need to enjoy working with a to-do list and juggling priorities
- Previous administration or office-based experience
- Any HR or Recruitment knowledge or experience
Alternative application formats
If you are unable to complete the apprentice application, we are happy to consider alternative formats of the application form.
For example, you could arrange a phone call with 4Skills for you to speak your answers and a member of the team can scribe, or if you’d like to create a five minute YouTube video/ voice recording, these are also options available. If you have a different alternative, we really welcome your suggestions to ensure you have a fair chance of applying.
Take a look at our access page for more information, which you’ll find by clicking here.
If you have any questions about this apprenticeship vacancy please email the 4Skills team direct at 4Skills@channel4.co.uk
If you need to relocate in order to take up this opportunity, we can offer you support towards the financial costs of moving. This includes a contribution towards your deposit and first months’ rent, plus visits to your new city to look for accommodation.
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please make sure that you state in your application that you found this role via Creative Access.
Fields of study
- Human resources / Organisation
Years of experience
- £20,000 to £30,000 per year
Consent to this service
Consent to this service
Consent to this service