Trainee edit assistant
Application deadline: 14th August at 11.59pm
Salary: London Living Wage
Start date: October 2022
Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 6 countries, make your mark at Europe’s leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
Sky Production Services is the home of content creation and innovation for Sky and beyond. We provide outstanding facilities and talent for storytellers, including Studios, Postproduction and other content production resources. We want to give our customers the best viewing experience, from the picture they see, the sound they hear to the entertainment, sports or news programme they choose to watch.
This placement for a Trainee Edit Assistant will help support Edit Operations staff. You will become familiar with the Broadcast environment, learning in detail various Broadcast-specific workflows and techniques. You will be in an environment where you will learn what it is to be an edit assistant, supporting your fellow team members & gaining from their extensive technical knowledge. The placement will be able to grow their client and peer relationship skills in the supportive Edit Operations team. You’ll have the opportunity to gain extra Post Production knowledge whilst working closely with our Editing, Grading and Audio Dubbing departments.
What you'll do
- Provide support within the edit operations team for all areas of Post Production
- Developing a thorough knowledge of inter-departmental workflows and end to end process to support and aide the editing department
- Help to advise clients when logistical and technical issues arise
- Project & Media manage Entertainment & Sport shows
- Log and report support and workflow issues
- Ingests and exports
- Create & QC master material
What you'll bring
- Basic working knowledge of Avid Media Composer and other Editing Products
- Basic understanding of post-production workflows
- Basic knowledge video standards and codecs
- A willingness to learn
- Can communicate complex technical ideas in a straightforward way
- Strong communicator
- Effective time management and reporting
- Calm in a high-pressured environment
- A degree, apprenticeship or work experience within a related field is desirable
Where you'll work
Our Osterley Campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Gunnersbury, Ealing Broadway and South Ealing tube stations. There’s also plenty of bike shelters and showers.
On campus, you’ll find 13 subsidised restaurants, cafes, and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
- Log in to your Creative Access account or register today to apply for this opportunity
- Upload your CV and cover letter as one document (applications without a tailored cover letter will not be accepted)
- Once submitted, you can no longer amend your application, so proof-read carefully
- Do not contact the company directly
- Please email any queries about this role to Creative Access at this address: email@example.com
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries. This includes, but is not limited to Black, Asian and ethnically diverse candidates, people with disabilities and individuals from lower socioeconomic backgrounds. This opportunity is aimed at graduates or anyone currently completing a degree.
At Sky we don’t just look at your CV. We’re more focused on who you are and your potential. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we're happy to discuss flexible working.
We take pride in our approach to diversity and inclusion: we’ve been recognised by The Times and Stonewall for this, and we’ve committed £30million to support the fight against racial injustice. We’ve also set ambitious targets for increasing ethnic diversity and representation throughout our organisation.
Years of experience