Youth board advisory member
The Almeida Theatre is seeking to appoint members to its Youth Advisory Board. Have a keen interest in developing a future career in a leadership role?
This post is offered initially as a 1-year term with the option to extend to two years.The Youth Advisory Board has been running successfully for three years and has been a significant influence on the Almeida’s work and its day-to-day operations.
What you will do
- Youth Advisory Board members offer guidance and opinion to the theatre’s senior management team and the Board of Trustees, including attending the Board’s Equality, Inclusion and Diversity committee
- The Youth Advisory Board will learn and understand how the Almeida is run and will have an individual training plan for mentoring and support
Knowledge, skills, experience
The Almeida Theatre is seeking to appoint members to its Youth Advisory Board:
- Young people aged 18-25 with a range of experiences and backgrounds
- Young people with a clear interest in leadership roles within the arts
No experience of theatre is necessary but we are particularly interested in young people who are interested in leadership roles in the arts. This is a voluntary position but expenses can be provided. Meetings are monthly.
- First Round Group Interviews – Day: Monday 11 July 2022
- First Round Group Interviews – Eve: Tuesday 12 July 2022
- First Round Group Interviews – Weekend: Saturday 16 July 2022
- Second Round Individual Interviews – Flexible: Thursday 21 July 2022
The Almeida Theatre is an equal opportunities employer and our aim is to create a diverse and inclusive working environment which reflects the city we live and work in and the communities and audiences that we engage with. The recruitment process is open to all. We are especially interested in hearing from candidates who are ethnically diverse, D/deaf and disabled and neurodivergent and working class as we want our team and our work to be informed and representative of the diverse community it serves.
Please make sure that you state in your application that you found this role via Creative Access.